TOPICS: Innovation, Disruption,
EXPERTISE: Technology affected behaviours, Employee Experience,
And Lifescale, distraction, addiction, productivity, creativity, etc.
Brian Solis is a one of the world’s leading digital anthropologists and futurists who has been called “one of the greatest digital analysts of our time.” Brian is also a world renowned keynote speaker and an award-winning author of seven best-selling books including, X: The Experience When Business Meets Design, What’s the Future of Business and The End of Business as Usual.
In his new book, Lifescale: How to live a more creative, productive and happy life, Brian tackles the struggles of living in a world rife with constant digital distractions. His model for “Lifescaling” helps readers overcome the unforeseen consequences of living a digital life to break away from diversions, focus on what’s important, spark newfound creativity and unlock new possibilities.
For almost 30 years, Solis has studied and influenced the effects of emerging technology on business and society. His research and books help executives, and also everyday people, better understand the relationship between the evolution of technology and its impact on people and also the role we each play in evolution. As a result of his work, Solis also helps leading brands, celebrities, and startups develop new digital transformation, culture 2.0, and innovation strategies that enable businesses to adapt to new connected markets from the inside out.
With a loyal online audience of over 700,000 people online, his work makes him a sought-after thought-leader to leading brands, celebrities such as Oprah, Shaq and Ashton Kutcher and over 1,000 startups around the world.
Brian also hosts (r)evolution, a popular online video series that examines technology, trends and best practices and introduces viewers to the thought leaders who are blazing the trail. Guests have included Katie Couric, Mark Burnett, Shaq, Billy Corgan, and Adrian Grenier.
Somewhere along the way, we got distracted. As much as we multitask, love our devices and feel like we’re in control, deep down we know that something is off. Shortened attention spans, declines in critical thinking, lack of sleep, self-doubt and decreased creativity are just some of the effects coming to light in an age of digital distraction.
It’s time to reclaim our lives. It’s time to take control.
Lifescale is a journey of self-discovery and growth. It’s about getting back into balance and remastering our destinies. Author Brian Solis knows first-hand. He struggled with distraction and all of its ill-effects. To get his life back, he developed a set of techniques, exercises, and thought experiments designed to tame the chaos, and positively and productively navigate our day-to-day lives. Instead of falling victim to the never-ending cycle of newsfeeds, Likes, addictive apps, and boredom scrolling (aka the endless scroll), we can learn to manage our time and inspire our own lives in a way that will bring meaning back—without sacrificing the benefits that our devices bring us.
In Lifescale, Brian has done the legwork to pull together scientific findings and practical tools into one book. Readers—especially those who are distracted—will connect with the humor, pathos, and inspiration inside. Using this book’s simple but powerful lessons, we can:
- Identify sources of distraction and turn attention toward creativity and productivity
- Understand and resist the manipulative techniques that turn us into digital addicts
- Find meaning and purpose to guide our time in more meaningful ways
- Visualize future success to successfully dive into deep work and stop procrastinating
- Break bad habits, establish rituals, and establish routines that help you achieve goals
- Nurture imagination and learn to express ourselves more artistically
- Maximize productivity with simple but effective strategies
- Focus for extended periods and make breaks more restorative
- Foster a strong sense of purpose in life and identify the steps needed to bring it to life every day
- Smile more and build self-esteem
With the renewed perspective Lifescale offers, we can finally learn to prioritize what matters, and live our digital and physical lives with intention and true happiness.
Brian has dedicated his career to understanding digital disruption, predicting trends and helping leaders shape the future they want to see. As a world-renowned keynote speaker, Brian also has a unique gift of humanizing digital trends to make transformation and innovation meaningful and even inspiring. He’s a true storyteller at heart. Even the Disney Institute has quoted his work!
Recently named a “Top Futurist Speaker” by ReadWrite and called “one of the greatest digital analysts of our time,” Brian Solis is an engaging and inspiring speaker who makes our digital future approachable and meaningful. Brian features an extensive portfolio of 2020 topics that explore:
- The Cure for Shortermism and Out-of-Touchness: Upgrading legacy management mindsets to next-level digital business leadership
- The Race from Digital Darwinism to Digital Transformation: How to thrive in a digital economy by building out an infrastructure of leading technology, vision and human-centered value
- Disruption-Proof: Shifting from rigid processes and risk averse cultures to agile and high performance cultures of innovation
- Digital Customer Experience and Service Innovation: Designing brands, experiences and services for Generation-C (Connected Customers)
- Innovation Theater: The real reasons why innovation fails and how to think and act like Silicon Valley disruptors
- Hey Mr. Futurist, What’s the Future of…[insert your industry]?
- The Change Agent’s Manifesto: Empowering the innovators and disruptors from within your organization to unlock future possibilities
- Digitally Distracted Customers and Employees! Exploring the effects of digital distractions on work and consumerism and how to deliver more meaningful and productive experiences
- Trust in the Digital Era: In a world where social networks have become media and digital literacy is now a luxury, here’s how we shape the future of truth and trust.
- Future Trends: An entertaining and motivating review of disruptive technologies, their impacts on markets and what to do about it
- More ideas below…
Brian is not a believer in generic, “one size fits all” presentations. He tailors these important topics at various levels necessary to connect with each audience. As one of the world’s leading analysts, he also studies how the evolution of technology, business, and culture impact specific industries based on the needs of each event. His ability to connect the dots for hosts and attendees provides tangible value and direction. And, his motivational approach leaves audiences feeling empowered. Plus, he’s followed by over 700,000 people on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook!
His approach to talks are designed to serve 3 purposes:
- Educational – Help participants understand what’s different about now, the opportunity before them, what they need to do moving forward, and how to be successful in new endeavors.
- Inspirational/Motivational – Turns audiences into stakeholders by motivating participants to embrace new opportunities and pursue new possibilities.
- Communal – Bring leadership teams and organizations together around a new or renewed vision, mission, and purpose.
A Collection of Brian’s Other Popular Topics
Digital Transformation: The State and future of digital transformation and how it’s changing businesses at the very core.
New Leadership: Rally your change agents and business mavericks to inspire change from within!
2. Customer Experience and Service Innovation
Introducing Generation-C: See the world through the eyes of modern customers. Meet Generation C, your connected customer and why Millennials and kids aren’t the only customers changing the world.
Experience Design as the New Brand: An experience divide exists between your brand promise and what people experience and share. Learn how to create experiences that engender fans and builds wildly successful relationships throughout the customer lifecycle.
3. Silicon Valley and Disruptive Innovation
A Prelude to Innovation: Before every game-changing idea or every incredible story of innovation, there are moments that set the stage for greatness. Brian shares life lessons from being on the front lines of Silicon Valley for 20 years and the common steps that lead to personal transformation and ultimately ideation and innovation.
4. The Future of Work
Robots Need Not Apply: How to design the future workforce. Workforces and intellectual capital are aging. New expertise is in demand. AI and RPA (robotic process automation) are taking jobs. Learn how to identify and train/hire for the jobs of the future.
5. Marketing Innovation
The P2P (People to People) Manifesto: There is no more B2B or B2C when it comes to engaging customers and stakeholders. It’s now about P2P…people to people. Brian shares the pillars of his “P2P Manifesto,” key insights and case studies help CMOs, CDOs and CX and marketing executives reimagine human-to-human engagement.
6. Lifescale: Self-Innovation and Exponential Growth
Defeating Digital Distractions: Social media, notifications, alerts, scrolling, the constant tugging of our devices, we are not only always-on, we are always distracted. Those distractions speed up our lives, thin our presence and stifle our capabilities. Over time, distractions take a deep (and deepening) toll on us, namely loss of creativity, memory, focus, productivity, originality, happiness and more. In this important session, Brian shares how to gain new skills, change our behaviors and live everyday toward a more creative, productive and happy life.
– KGO Radio
“One of the 21st century business world’s leading thinkers”
“30 Digital Experts to Follow”
“25 Best Business Websites”
– University of Aberdeen Business School
“Top 10 People to Know in Silicon Valley”
– Huffington Post
“Influential Leader of the Year”
– CRM Magazine
“Twitter 140: Music Industry Characters to Follow”
“25 Twitter Accounts That Will Make You Smarter”